- 1 Introducing PHP Support Tickets
- 2 Installing PHP Support Tickets – Fantastico De Luxe
- 3 Installing PHP Support Tickets – Manually
- 4 PHP Support Tickets Management
- 4.1 Tickets
- 4.2 Departments
- 4.3 Users
- 4.4 Settings
- 5 Backup PHP Support Tickets
Introducing PHP Support Tickets
An online support ticketing system that helps establish a better communication system with your clients while providing them with answers and solutions to their submitted tickets. PHP Support Tickets is a very easy to use application that contains simple yet effective functions for you to benefit from.
Installing PHP Support Tickets – Fantastico De Luxe
- Step 1: Login to your Admin cPanel http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel
- Step 2: Locate and click on the Fantastico De Luxe Icon
- Step 3: Under the “Customer Relationship” section, find and click on “PHP Support Tickets”
- Step 4: In the right panel, select “New Installation”
- Step 5: on page 1 of the installation process, you will be prompted for the installation directory. To have PHP Support Tickets installed on your website’s main page (http://www.yourdomain.com) leave it blank else, insert the directory of your choice (http://www.yourdomain.com/phpsupporttickets). Fill out all the required information accordingly and click “Install PHP Support Tickets”.
- Step 6: A summary of the installation details will be posted. Once read, click “Finish Installation”. You will also the path of your “PHP Support Tickets” installation.
Installing PHP Support Tickets – Manually
- Step 1: download the latest version of PHP Support Tickets from the official website.
- Step 2: Uncompress the downloaded file to a specified directory on your desktop.
- Step 3: Upload the contents of the extracted folder (keeping the directories structure intact) to your web hosting account via FTP to a specified directory of your choice (e.g. /phpsupporttickets).
- Step 4: Login to your Admin cPanel, locate & click on “MySQL Databases”.
- Step 5: Create a MySQL database and save its name along with the username and password for future use.
- Step 6: Using your browser, go to the location of your newly uploaded files:http://www.yourdomain.com/phpsupporttickets/install
- Step 7: The wizard will launch and will require from you to enter some information regarding your database, your account settings, path settings, and email settings. Please note that some fields are mandatory and the wizard cannot proceed before you set them correctly.
Upon clicking on the “Submit” button, the install script will run and will create all the necessary database entries and fully install PHP Support Tickets. After that, you are ready to use your application.
Note: Login with your administrator username/password and you will be able to use the administrator panel.
PHP Support Tickets Management
The Tickets section is where you can create new tickets and answer old opened ones. You can even view old closed tickets for reference. All tickets submitted directly go under the “Open tickets” category for you to review them and answer them accordingly.
Every company is divided into departments. From sales to technical and even billing. In this application, you can create different departments so that each type of ticket is sent to its respective department and only related employees answer their own type of questions. Also by click on “Browse” you can view all the available departments that are already created.
The section where you can create new users and give them the privileges of your choice. There are 3 types of new users: Client, Moderator and Administrator. Each of these 3 types has there own privileges and can access certain level of the application and do specific functions. You may also see the list of available clients and change their settings accordingly.
A small section where it contains the email settings of the application and whether to send emails as per certain criteria.
Backup PHP Support Tickets
- Step 1: Login to your hosting account cPanel, locate and click on the “PhpMyAdmin” icon.
- Step 2: From within PhpMyAdmin, choose the PHP Support Tickets Database.
- Step 3: On the top menu of the database table list, click on “Export”
- Step 4: In the export options, make sure you:
- “Select All” Tables
- Check “Structures” property.
- Check “Data” property.
- Check “Save as” option
- Step 5: Once you double check that all the options in step 4 are set, click Go and save to the file to your desktop.
Use VNOHosting for the Best PHP Support Tickets Hosting.
You may use this tutorial for your own use. You may provide a link to this web site, where this tutorial can be used from. However you are not allowed distribute it in any form without the prior permission of VNOHosting.com